Re: problems capturing analog and digital at the same time with lifeview trio

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
> rghetta wrote:
>> Is detecting an over-4-DMA-channels situation and returning a specific
>> error (perhaps "bandwidth exceeded" or something like that) a viable
>> option ?
>> This way only an illegal combination will be flagged and the
>> application  could have a chance to inform the user or revert to a
>> more appropriate format.
>>
> This can be detected and would be far better than nothing. But this message
> would go into the kernel log. Afaik, there is no way to get this on a
> display.
> Its also dangerous to refuse the streaming. Some applications don't have
> timouts and will simpy hang if a DMA streaimg doesn't happen...

Uh, sorry, I wasn't clear. I wasn't thinking about a message, but a real
error.
To be more precise, making the VIDIOC_S_FMT/VIDIOC_TRY_FMT ioctl fail
with a specific error code (if I understood correctly the v4l2 api)

Ciao,
Riccardo