Re: MPEG from stream file

On 19/08/06, Nick Fedchik <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello, peoples! I need some help.

First I grab the stream from DVB card
#gnutv -channels channels.conf -out file CNN.ts -timeout 60 "CNN"

Now how can I extract MPEG from CNN.ts ?
I tried to do it using Mplayer, but it fail...

That version of mplayer should be able to play transport streams so it
looks like there's something wrong with your .ts file.

Also, just a quick note about terminology. When you say "MPEG" you
mean you want to convert to an MPEG2 Program Stream. Your "stream
file" is an MPEG2 Transport Stream.

As Philip noted, ProjectX is a good tool for helping convert from TS
to PS as it handles errors in the stream better than most tools.

HTH,

-Nick