Micronas MicStickD usb dvb-t

G'day,

I've come across a Micronas usb dvb-t stick which I would like to get
working in linux. I've searched the list and checked the wiki and can't
find any references to this device, so I assume no one else has it or is
working on it?

The usb id is "074d:facf" Micronas GmbH. I have a windows driver CD which
has a few different files on it, there are files containing drivers for
"Micronas Fx2 Bootloader", "Micronas Ngene Base Driver", "Micronas
USB-DRXD Audio/Video Capture Driver" and "Micronas USB-DRXD Tuner Driver"
which all seem to relate to the device. At this stage you might've figured
out I don't really know what I'm talking about. I don't know a lot about
dvb or usb devices. I've had a look around your wiki, I've read the
Documentation/dvb/README.dvb-usb and had a quick look at the
drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/vp7045* files. The reason I want to try this at
all is because those files don't look terribly daunting and I think most
of the legwork is done by the dvb usb framework?

So this is possibly way over my head but I'd like to give it a go, I'll
probably need some hand holding along the way. I guess the first step is
getting the firmware off the windows .sys files.

Comments? Ideas? Impossible?

Cheers,
Philip