Error message: Bulk message failed: -22

I'm getting the error message: "Bulk message failed: -22" and I don't know why.
I can't find anything about it on the internet (the specific -22 error). My hardware set-up is as
follows:

Artec T1 USB1.1 dvb box
Belkin USB2 PCI card (problem the same with onboard USB)
Compaq W6000PC (dual Xeons, in case SMP has ought to do with it)

Software set-up:

Fresh install with Fedora Core6 Test1 (Problem also occurs with latest
Knoppmyth, and with 2.6.17 on FC6 or Knoppmyth)

Any hints anyone?

I'm currently thinking it's related to hotplug, or trying to load the firmware maybe (I can't work out where to put the firmware file in either of the above distros, but then I've had the firmware error message before, and its' a different one - it's not even getting that far).

Thanks.