Re: Fix for DST

Ok, so I got a Debian .config for 2.6.17 series kernel and tried to make as little changes to it as possible. Left the DVB drivers in there and now it actually tunes, but ... something is wrong.
In dmesg I can see:
dst_get_device_id: Recognise [DCT-CI]
DST type flags : 0x1 newtuner 0x2 ts204 0x8 firmware version = 1 0x10 firmware version = 2

I believe this ts204 business isn't correct, but I'm not sure anymore. The drivers that do work, had the DST_TYPE_HAS_TS204 removed(found this hint from a post in the list), because otherwise the tuning was crazy at best(most of the time it doesn't recognize channel names, but sometimes it does) and the data that came from the card was unrecognizable to all the players I tried. Now from what I can tell, the hg-drivers detect my card with TS188(I don't even know what this is and the driver source is different from the ones I modified) and I suppose that removing the TS204 from the older ones meant that it had to use 188, but... anyways the current hg-drivers don't work at all. And now the drivers that came with 2.6.7.17 behave pretty much like the working drivers before they were modified - they sometimes tune and the stream is always garbage.

What CAM are you using? Do dvbstream or zap/czap need some extra arguments to use a CAM(my being stupid here doesn't change the fact that the same method with one drivers results in success with free channels and doesn't with other drivers)?

Is it possible that I have some rare revision of the card?

Zoilo Gomez wrote:
Raido wrote:

It's a version 2031(0) and it's not broken because I have one set of older drivers installed with an older kernel that work(had to be modified to work though - check the list archive for my post). What I'm trying to do with the newer ones, is to get the CAM functioning. I only have 3 free channels out of some 60.

OK.

Just FYI: my Twinhan Cab-CI 2031(0) + CAM is working under linux-2.6.17.5 (vanilla), with 2.6.17.5 drivers as well as with hg-drivers.

Zoilo Gomez wrote:

Raido wrote:

The circular dependency has been fixed. Unfortunately I'm still unable to tune with my Cab-CI. I'm getting the feeling that I have some strange version of this card(sent a msg to the list about my woes a while back). Might be some timeout issue, because it seems that I get the tuning failed message way too quickly. Is there a place I could increase the timeout?

Is this Twinhan Cab-CI you have?

You may want to check that you have version 2031(0), and not 2033 (Mantis, different chip-set, not supported yet).

If you do have 2031: I had tuning problems with 2031 as well, it appeared that my card was broken.

Trent Piepho wrote:

There is currently a problem with the dst driver, it has a circular
dependency with dst and dst_ca that keeps it from working. There are also
a few other problems, but not as serious.

Someone is working on a fix, but it's broken now and I've had a fix
for several days.  So if you want something now, try this.

The last two patches at http://linuxtv.org/hg/~tap/dst should fix
all the dst issues.  I do not have a dst to test it with, but I think
I got everything right.  Famous last words, I know.

Fixed are:

Circular dependency, modules can actually load now

The dst-ca device wasn't unregisted when the driver was
unloaded.

Module use count would go up by two when dst_ca device
is opened.

Failure of dvb_register_device will be handled correctly

The dvb_attach() system will work for the dst-ca.  If you
have a DST with no CA, you don't need to load the dst-ca driver.

If you don't use dvb_detach, everything will work too.