Re: Fix for DST

Raido wrote:

It's a version 2031(0) and it's not broken because I have one set of older drivers installed with an older kernel that work(had to be modified to work though - check the list archive for my post). What I'm trying to do with the newer ones, is to get the CAM functioning. I only have 3 free channels out of some 60.

OK.

Just FYI: my Twinhan Cab-CI 2031(0) + CAM is working under linux-2.6.17.5 (vanilla), with 2.6.17.5 drivers as well as with hg-drivers.

Zoilo Gomez wrote:

Raido wrote:

The circular dependency has been fixed. Unfortunately I'm still unable to tune with my Cab-CI. I'm getting the feeling that I have some strange version of this card(sent a msg to the list about my woes a while back). Might be some timeout issue, because it seems that I get the tuning failed message way too quickly. Is there a place I could increase the timeout?

Is this Twinhan Cab-CI you have?

You may want to check that you have version 2031(0), and not 2033 (Mantis, different chip-set, not supported yet).

If you do have 2031: I had tuning problems with 2031 as well, it appeared that my card was broken.

Trent Piepho wrote:

There is currently a problem with the dst driver, it has a circular
dependency with dst and dst_ca that keeps it from working. There are also
a few other problems, but not as serious.

Someone is working on a fix, but it's broken now and I've had a fix
for several days.  So if you want something now, try this.

The last two patches at http://linuxtv.org/hg/~tap/dst should fix
all the dst issues.  I do not have a dst to test it with, but I think
I got everything right.  Famous last words, I know.

Fixed are:

Circular dependency, modules can actually load now

The dst-ca device wasn't unregisted when the driver was
unloaded.

Module use count would go up by two when dst_ca device
is opened.

Failure of dvb_register_device will be handled correctly

The dvb_attach() system will work for the dst-ca.  If you
have a DST with no CA, you don't need to load the dst-ca driver.

If you don't use dvb_detach, everything will work too.