dvb-net api

Hi,
I am a MSc student trying to test my ULE encapsulator with the Linux TV .org decapsulator. I don't have any DVB cards just using IP -> ULE -> Ethernet (which simulates my MPEG2 satellite network). can I use only the dvb-net module to check if my ULE encapsulator works or not. Is it possible to just load the dvb-net module and see if my Ethernet frames are received and that ULE decapsulation works. Any help or links would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sunny