Re: TDA10086 demodulator working (Technotrend TT-budget-S-1401/FlyDVB-S/Acorp TV134DS supported)

On Sunday 30 July 2006 12:50, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> >>Which tree did you try in the end, sorry?
> >>
> >>Hmm, the saa7134 changes seemed to work ok when I tested them before,
> >>weird.
> >
> >Actually, hold on, I dont have any saa7134 based cards here, so I was only
> >able to test the saa7146 cards. The saa7134 changes /looked/ ok to me on
> >review.
> >
> >So: The tt-s-1401 branch is now in mainline HG.
>
> I used you mainline tree
>
> >What kernel are you developing against, and are you using make
> > kernel-links?
>
> a mandriva 2.6.15-mdkcustom. Do I need to update? If so, up to what
> version?

Nah, this would only affect dvb-attach - kernels prior to 2.6.17 have a nasty
bug in symbol_put_addr(), so we disabled dvb-attach in version.txt for
kernels less than that.

> >What saa7134 based card are you using?
>
> I have a lifeview trio, but I didn't even begin to patch it, because
> first I wanted to
> test the basic analog part

errr weird, the tda10086 changes shouldn't affect that card just now (I assume
you mean you're gonna add tda10086 support for it?)

The other obvious candidate would be the dvb_attach changes. That changed how
the frontend selection works for the saa7134 cards, even if dvb_attach is
disabled.

> >Do you have dvb-attach turned ON?
>
> not yet :)

heh :)

What about the new frontend customization option? dvb>customize dvb
frontends>customise the frontend modules to build.

> BTW, you disabled b2c2-flexcop in your .config, that makes loading the
> drivers for my  airstar2 impossible (yes, by pci bus is very crowded).

Strange - my .config isn't in my repository, and I can still select/compile
those drivers through "menuconfig" here.. can you give more details of the
problem?

I'll see if I can dig up an saa7134 card here, but I have an unfortunate
feeling I only have saa7146. I *do* have an saa7134 installed at work.. but
if this is a kernel crash problem, I could only try it once today :(