DVB card remote control geneates too many signals

Hi,

I have an Avermedia 771 DVB card which I use with Mythtv. I've had the remote working properly using lirc, until recently. Then I updated my kernel to 2.6.16 (was 2.6.14) and lirc to 0.8.0-r3 (from 0.8.0-r1, I think).

Now it seams that there are 2 separate modules that are responding to key presses on the remote, lircd and one other. If I stop lircd, the system still responds to the remote (for example pressing the up and down buttons with the focus on a bash terminal causes the command history to scroll).

I can stop this by also unloading the dvb_bt8xx module. Loading/unloading this module also causes other modules to be loaded/unloaded (bt878, cx24110, dst, dst_ca, dvb_core, dvb_pll, lgdt330x, mt352, nxt6000, or51211, sp887x). So it looks like one of these modules is responding to signals from the remote, independently of lirc.

Can anyone tell me how I can disable the detection of remote control signals from the relevant module, so I can just let lirc deal with the remote? Or failing that, can someone tell me (or give me an educated guess) which module is responsible for responding to signals from my remote?

Thanks

Alex