Re: Twinhan 20310 DVB-C/CI, udev problem

Zoilo Gomez wrote:
It seems to work now, but weird weird weird ...!

At first, the dump in dmesg (that I have posted before) suddenly changed the following line:
=> bt878_probe: card id=[0], [ NULL ] has DVB functions

At this point I am not sure about the exact message, but it looked more or less like that. "My card has died on me" I thought. Several reboots, with or without power on/off made no difference.

Then, in despair, I decided to install it in a Windows XP machine, only to see if it would work, with the supplied driver CD. Driver installation seemed to start well, but then install rebooted the machine, and after that it complained that there was no card in the PC ! Dead like a doornail, I thought.

Just for the sake of it I put it back in my Linux machine, started the drivers and ... lo and behold !! It works ! dmesg now suddenly lists a lot more info than ever before, and /dev/dvb/* files are being created by udev.

Probably modules didn't get unloaded properly and hence didn't get loaded properly, but that's when your reboot helped.

Could it be that the Windows install program has written something into the card eeprom that was necessary to make it work ?!

No, nothing of that sort is possible.

Manu