Re: linuxtv dvb api with STAPI?

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:16:37 +0200
Ralph Metzler <rjkm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> bubbled:

> Martin Zwickel writes:
>  > > Since I am pretty certain ST will not let the STAPI be released
>  > > as open source (or will they?),
>  >
>  > No.
>  >
>  > > you will have lots of fun
>  > > writing wrapper code to avoid legal minefields ...
>  >
>  > That's why I ask ... ;)
>

> I suppose this concerns the STB0899 and friends?
> Since there will be open alternatives I guess everybody would
> use those instead of such a "binary blob and wrapper thingy" anyway.

I think there is no choice to avoid the stapi thingy, and I haven't
seen any opensource alternative.

Well, thanks anyway. Gonna do the hard path... :(

Regards,
Martin

--
MyExcuse:
sounds like a Windows problem, try calling Microsoft support

Martin Zwickel <martin.zwickel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Research & Development

TechnoTrend AG <http://www.technotrend.de>