Re: KNC1 DVB-S reception at 12000mhz

On 13 Jul, Julian Scheel wrote:
> I lately recognized a reception-problem with many, but not all (although
> they are all the same model), KNC1 DVB-S cards (SU1278-SH2 tuner). Most
> channels are just fine, but channels with a frequency around 12000MHz
> (on Astra 19.2E these are, NDR FS **, Astra HD and many more) do have
> major errors in the TS-stream.
> Playing around with the AGC-values didn't improve the situation.
>
> Any ideas about this problem?

Let's say some speculation more than an idea: The position of Astra
points actually to many satellites close in angle but far in space at
36000 km orbit (several old ones from 1980 with analog Sat-TV and others
more modern with DVB-TV). One can get more details on this on the Astra
webpage. Maybe there is some conflict for the frequency around 12000 Mhz
due to different Satellites using it. Normally this should not happen
and this is really a pure speculation from my part.