Re: [BUG]: unitialized buf sent over i2c

The original code written for analog mode was designed to
tune quickly by increasing the pump current then switch
back to the more stable current value after the signal was
acquired. This makes switching channels that are far apart
in frequency stabilize sooner. I did not attempt to add
this improvement to the dvb tuning code since that code was
already working. That is why there are two different ways
to tune the same hardware.

Before refactoring, the analog code always initialized all 4
bytes that were sent to the tuner to values specified for
that particular tuner. For my driver I arranged to select
fast tuning with the default code in the tuner table, then
set it to the more stable value when the tuning was done.
Was something lost in refactoring?

I'll look at the code in the kernel and try to understand
what need to be done.

-- Mac