Re: DVB-T Card for freeview uk high definition:?

Andy,

> I think I am going to get a AverMedia 771 DVB-T card for my next
> mythtv project, I have recently read that the bbc are (or soon will
> be) broadcasting some high definition content, can anybody tell me if
> this card can receive it?

They (and ITV, C4, and five) are broadcasting already but only in the
London area.  There are no plans currently to broadcast elsewhere.  Yes
the AverMedia 771 card will receive the signal, but you'll need a
ridiculously fast machine to be able to watch the h264 stream that they
broadcast.  Currently I have to reencode into xvid before I can watch
them!

Regards,

Soyeb