Re: Re: DVB-T drivers

2nd attempt: I forgot in my first message the CC to the mailing list.

> make -C /lib/modules/2.6.13-15.8-default/build
> SUBDIRS=/home/andrea/Software/v4l-dvb/v4l  modules
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.13-15.8-obj/x86_64/default'
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `modules'.  Stop.

The path `/usr/src/linux-2.6.13-15.8-obj/x86_64/default' is very
strange for the kernel-source tree. I suspect that your kernel sources
are not properly installed or maybe with the wrong version (you need
absolutely exactly the same version as your running kernel, i.e. every
number and character in 2.6.13-blabla must be identical!). Furthermore
you should take care the that the symbolic link
/lib/modules/2.6.13-15.8-default/build points well to your kernel-source
tree but normally this is automatic if you installed the kernel-sources
from a package of your distribution. If you make point this link to
kernel-sources with the wrong version it will not work either (version
mismatch).

Sinc 2.6.13-... is already somewhat old, I suggest you compile yourself
a recent version from www.kernel.org (2.6.17.4 or 2.6.16.24 or similar)
and install it on your system. I am not sure for 2.6.13 but in any case
the latest v4l-dvb drivers may not well compile on older kernels.
Furthermore, if you are lucky the driver of your card is already
contained in the more recent kernel tree and you only need to take care
to select the proper modules when configuring the kernel. Even if this
kernel does not contain this driver (or a version which is too old for
your card) you can afterwards still compile v4l-dvb using this kernel
(i.e. after booting this kernel), provided that DO NOT REMOVE neither
MOVE the new kernel-source tree after installation because the v4l-dvb
will search there the kernel header files, also using a symbolic link
like /lib/modules/2.6.17.4/build (but the actual path of the new
kernel-sources is not important, you may put and compile it in your home
directory and then install as root, only don't touch the source tree
after installation!).
But as I already told you, I believe the chances are good that your
device is well supported by the new kernel (if it is supported at all
which I simply do not know). I believe the v4l-dvb package is regularly
integrated in the latest kernel. I believe, only very recent or
experimental patches of v4l-dvb are not in the official kernel. You can
look in the folder
drivers/media/dvb and its subfolders if your card is supported in the
latest kernel.