Re: RFC / driver for Avermedia DVB-S Pro

* Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 3) Create an independant tuner module for it.
> >
> > There actually aren't any examples right now, but I am just about to create
> > one as part of the tda10086 card support (the tda8262 silicon tuner). I
> > should have a skeleton together in about an hour; I'll send you a link to
> > it.
>
> hi - the skeleton implementation is at
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~quincy/v4l-dvb-tt-s-1401
I used dvb_dummy_fe.c ... for the new frontend zl10313.c ... maybe the
tuner will be also implemented as a frontend. I will think about all that
in my holidays @ the beach :P

> As its a zarlink chip, you might need to define dvb_tuner_ops.calc_regs()
> instead of dvb_tuner_ops.set_params(). Have a look in dvb-pll.c for an
> example of implementing them.

> Oh there is yet another way to do it if you feel a seperate module is over the
> top: you could put the tuner implementation in a header file in the
> frontends/ directory (e.g. zl10036.h). Card drivers then #include that if
> they need it.

I will start in 2 weeks, when I am back from holiday.

Thanks, for the comments.

--
regards, TR