Re: RFC / driver for Avermedia DVB-S Pro

On Monday 03 July 2006 16:40, Tino Reichardt wrote:
> Hello list,
>

> I will add support for my new dvb-s card, which is summarized @
> http://www.avermedia.com/cgi-bin/products_digitvtuner_dvbs%20pro.asp?show=1
>

> Here are the main components of the card:
> - zl10036 tuner / zl10313 demod
> - saa7135hl audio / video decoder
>   - S-Video and Composite are working fine :)
>   - remote sonsor and tuner not :(
>

> And here are the first patches for that card:
> http://www.mcmilk.de/projects/dvb-card/patches/
>

> Can someone send some information, if this beginning is correct. Where
> do I have to add the ZL10036 tuner stuff.
>
> Should it be handled together with the ZL10313 in
> dvb/frontends/zl10313.c ?
>
> Please help me ... I will watch TV @ Linux ;)

Great news about the new card support!

As for where to put the tuner code.... really it depends on what you think is
best and on the usage of the tuner really.

I've been using the following criteria to decide what to do for my stuff:

1) Is there a case where the zl10313 is used with a different tuner than the
zl10036?

I assume there is since the zl10313 module exists, but without support for
that tuner.

2) Is it just a simple PLL? If so, it can go in dvb-pll

>From the datasheet it looks more complex.

Therefore I would be left with:

3) Create an independant tuner module for it.

There actually aren't any examples right now, but I am just about to create
one as part of the tda10086 card support (the tda8262 silicon tuner). I
should have a skeleton together in about an hour; I'll send you a link to it.