Re: USB troubles with DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital

Hi Nick,

Nick Rolfe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have one of the DViCO dual DVB-T cards and the PCI part is working
> nicely. However, I'm having the same problem with the USB part as
> described in this thread:
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-June/010830.html
>
> That is, I get FE_HAS_LOCK with tzap, but I can't get any data (using
> dvbstream in my case).

I can't help you with this sorry... but...

> I'm also having trouble with the IR receiver (I
> get no /dev/usb/hiddev0 device created),

I don't think you will. This card wont create a hiddev device, but an
input event device. You can see this in the dmesg output below.

> dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB' in warm state.
> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
> demuxer.
> DVB: registering new adapter (DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB).
> DVB: registering frontend 1 (Zarlink MT352 DVB-T)...
> input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input3

This maps to /dev/input/event3 and if you've compiled lirc with
dev/input support, you're home and hosed.

Check for threads on this list entitled "Remote for the DViCO FusionHDTV
DVB-T Dual Digital card" and see if that helps.

Sorry I can't help with the other problem.

Trev

--
Trevor Glen <tg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sarugo: Securing your digital memories.