Problems with Recent Hauppauge Nova-T USB2 (93004 rev C1A2)

Nova-T DVB USB2

Recently I borrowed a Hauppauge Nova-T USB2 to check that I could get it working with Slackware 10.2 (kernel 2.6.13).

All went well, so I bought one of my own, which I now can't get to work.

In brief:

The old version (labelled 93000 rev B8A2) works as described in the various how-tos. I can scan, tune with tzap, watch with dvbstream & mplayer, mythTV and so on.

The new version (labelled 93004 LF Rev C1A2) doesn't work (on the same PC) The same modules are loaded, the firmware apparently loads but the device nodes do not get created in /dev, and lsusb reports that the device is in a cold state. The led on the front panel lights up by the way.

The new version works in Windows XP, so the unit itself isn't faulty.

The new version does work in Slack after a reboot from Windows - presumably the firmware remains in situ. The correct modules are loaded, and the devices are created in /dev. lsusb report that the device is in the warm state. The only oddity is that the MAC address is reported as 00:0D:FE:F9:F9:F9 rather than the actual MAC address.

I've compared the two circuit boards. The old (working) one is 930000-02A (c) 2004, the new one is 930000-03B (c) 2005. The layout is very slightly different but the same chips are used on each (DiBcom 3000P and CY7C68013).

Does this mean that the firmware has changed ? The newer Windows driver disc (version 2.5B rather than the older 2.1) doesn't have the hcwusdtl.sys file that contains the old firmware (dvb-usb-nova-t-usb2-01.fw). The closest filename is hcwu2dtl.sys

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to proceed ?

I can post any logs that might be of interest. I have both versions available at the moment

Cheers,

Phil Young