Re: Fusion 3 Gold (18ac:d800)

Big Daddy wrote:

Did you try the patch in your quoted email? The only reason that it hasnt yet been applied to the repository is because it has not yet been tested.

You can test it without applying the patch by doing the following:

modprobe cx88xx card=17
modprobe cx8800
modprobe cx8802
modprobe cx88-dvb

Does it work? If so, please let us know, and then we can add that patch into the kernel so that the card may be autodetected by the driver in the future.

Cheers,

Michael Krufky

SUCCESS! Now we can add 1 more ATSC card to the supported list.
Using the modprobe command from above and forcing the card=17 option seemed to make the card load OK. However, since I've never used a tv tuner card in linux before, it took me a while to figure out all the dvb-utils and test the card to see if it was working. Since it wasn't working in MythTV, I went the route of using dvbscan, then I used azap to tune to a channel.
Then I used the command:
mplayer /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
and up pops full screen video!

I have yet to get LiveTV in MythTV working, it pops up a blank screen for a split second, then goes back to the main screen, even though in the setup it recognizes the card and can scan channels OK.

But it's my understanding that now that I've gotten to this point that the card will work and it's just a matter of getting the right configuration in MythTV.

Thanks for all your help Mike, hopefully it won't be long before this card is natively recognized in the kernel.

J.J.

ps.
The card I have is the Fusion 3 Gold (18ac:d800), which is different than the Gold-Q or the Gold-T model that's been currently suported as of 2.6.13.
Great! Thank you for the report. I have added autodetection support for your card to my tree, located at:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/cx88

I will have this pushed into 2.6.18

About your mythtv problem, it sounds like you didnt give yourself proper database permissions on the frontend machine. (just a guess -- i too, had the same problem at first)

Cheers,

Michael Krufky