Re: lgdt330x.c 8VSB snr reg not read from chip?

Harry Coin wrote:
Wilson & Group:

Thanks for the attention. Getting some idea of signal strength at the DVIco Fusion light tuner really matters when trying to debug reception / cabling / amp distribution problems.

In a related matter, I find that the M$ version of the software running on the same box has no problems finding all the local UHF ATSC stations, but the Linux version doesn't seem to have the tuning right for the ATSC station broadcasting here on UHF channel 49. I notice some frequency tables end in 0000 and others end a fixed offset up from that.

Last, as it happens I write device drivers for a living as well. I'd like to read the datasheets for the chips used in the DVICo Fusion Lite, particularly the tuner related ones. Can you help with links to those? I'm thinking of cooking up a little reception diagnostic tool that would have made my struggles easier. I'm willing to put in the time to understand the chipsets.
Harry-

Which kernel version are you running? There was a typo in the tuner frequency range definition, and that might explain your difficulty in tuning certain stations. I believe that the fix was applied late in the 2.6.16.y series, and it is already in 2.6.17.

You can upgrade your driver to the current version in the v4l-dvb master mercurial repository hosted on linuxtv.org, which already contains the tuner fix, and the snr reg fix provided earlier in this thread.

http://linuxtv.org/repo  (howto)

Hope this helps,

Michael Krufky