Re: Re : Re : ASUS P7131 DUAL DVB-T enable dvb-t asus p7131 dual + fm saa7134

Hi, Bertand

Bertrand Baudet wrote:
On Monday 19 June 2006 23:26, hermann pitton wrote:

Am Montag, den 19.06.2006, 12:59 +0000 schrieb franck desbois:

hello

i's for your information : 2.6.15-25-k7 ( 2.6.15-25-43) on ubuntu dapper
6.06

i want you notify when i install my asus p7131 on another hard disk on
the same computer if i use the mercurial snapshot of linuxtv  v4l-dvb (
hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb) my card doesn't work, i have got
many error messages,  but when i use this snapshot (hg clone
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mrechberger/v4l-dvb) it works.

final world of cup : france vs deutschland ?

franck

Hi!

Seems some are still against it ;)
But the cards should do.

Just tried the current mercurial master repository and find no problems.
Maybe you had some of the older modules still loaded?
(analog not yet tested)

I'll try to send to the video4linux-list too. Bertrand is trying on
almost the same card, also in Paris. He has the analog part working,
but some trouble with DVB-T and maybe mplayer timeouts. He added a
positive offset of 165KHz to the channels and dvbscan and channels.conf
seems OK. If it is not working already now, maybe you can help each
other.

Hartmut was right, it works for some channels with Xine.
Mlayer can get anyone.
I will try with tzap and see if I can get all the channels but
it looks like the short timeout for the tuning was the issue.

Oh, good to know!
May i ask you to investigate this further and then post a "fixed"
channnels.conf file?
You are not the only one who has these problems ;-)
The big question is how to continue with this:
I could fix this in the channel decoder driver
- either with a quite dirty fix which has disadvantages
- or with a clean solution which requires to put the driver into a
  kernel thread. This is a significant amount of work.
I still think the best solution is to handle this with a scanning
utility. We might extend and polish the w_scan utility for this.

Hartmut