Re: How to access /dev/videoK from /dev/dvb/adapterN?

Gavin Hamill wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 23:16:09 +0200
Kenneth Aafløy <kaa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

/sys/class/video4linux/videoN/name until it finds one called
'av7110' - a little low-tech but might just be adequate :)
Mm, yea, but...

Hey I didn't say it was a *good* idea :)

  * It does not work on pre /sys kernels

Well, if sysfs is available, then use it, else fall back on whatever
the current mechanism is.

  * It does not work with the cases that Michael presented in his
last reply.

Yup true.

  * It could will break if you have more than one card called
'av7110'?
More than one FF card can't be that common, surely? :)

Well, I have two FF cards in my system in order to have two CIs.

Klaus