Re: Asus My Cinema P7131 Dual

Am Donnerstag, den 15.06.2006, 17:16 +0200 schrieb Benjamí Villoslada:
> A Dimarts 13 Juny 2006 23:04, hermann pitton va escriure:
[...]

> Now I use one custom kernel (vanilla, from kernel.org)
>
> ------------------
> $ uname -r
> 2.6.16.18-smp-bitassa
> ------------------
>
> I was compiled this vanilla kernel --with no results-- just for the ALSA
> problem with the Debian kernel (2.6.16-12 smp).  Maybe is one ALSA problem?
> You've seen some workaround about this?

On a supported card this problem should hopefully go away. From the
driver's side all audio modes are functional, saa7134-oss, saa7134-alsa
and also analog audio to the sound card. To access OSS devices you need
the OSS emulation enabled for alsa.

> > > Anyone have one Asus My Cinema P7131 Dua working in Debian?   With FM
> > > sound.
> >
> > Not on Debian, but card=78 1043:4862 works since about eight or nine
> > months for me now. With nice FM stereo sound since about four months
> > after Hartmut adjusted the saa7133/35/31e to the special 5.5MHz FM IF
> > the Philips silicon tuners use. Is in 2.6.16.
>
> Good notice :)
>
> > There is no signal strength and stereo detection on radio implemented
> > with the saa7131e yet, means radio autotuning doesn't work. You have to
> > set up a list of your stations manually once.
>
> Is sufficient. I only would create Ogg Vorbis files at high compression
> because are voice only --my weekly collaboration (one free software and
> Internet advocacy space in http://www.cadenaser.com > Mallorca Island station
> without Internet streaming)
>
> I use the KRadio scheduling and Ogg Vorbis save functions.

That should work fine.

> > The IR remote is also not
> > yet supported and to have a fine picture on analog TV it needs cable-tv
> > input, poor FreeToAir broadcast is not recommended. Some complain about
> > a little bit slow analog channel switching too. Else, for what I know
> > and can compare to, it performs very well.
> >
> > BTW, using all three input types at once without to plug antenna
> > connectors is only possible if you have the radio on the same antenna
> > input as DVB-T. It comes up currently with DVB-T and analog on the
> > cable-tv input. After using radio once the FM connector is also active
> > for DVB-T input then. Using one of the analog video inputs switches
> > back.

To avoid misunderstandings, the single hybrid tuner can always work only
in one mode, but as described above it can be switched to all supported
modes without to plug antenna connectors.

> > To quote Hartmut for some other known caveats on this and similar cards
> > from the video4linux-list
>
> Thanks for the review, Hermann!
>
> (I've sent this message to video4linux-list too, I apologize because seems
> that have people in the two lists.  I'm new to this area, what is the
> appropriate list to ask, speak and contribute experiences about those cards?)

As it is a hybrid device both lists are fine. DVB-T issues you might
raise preferably here and analog TV and radio issues on the video4linux-
list at first.

Cheers,
Hermann