Re: No /dev/dvb/ with DViCO Fusion HDTV DVB-T Plus, Gentoo 2.6.16-r9

Samuel Cook wrote:
Apologies if this list is not the correct place for troubleshooting. If it is not, please let me know and I'll redirect my queries elsewhere. I'm having a lot of trouble getting my DViCo Fusion DVB-T Plus loaded properly. It appears to be the 1.1 revision (the chip ends with a -39 rather than a -19, which I believe is the indicator). The card is detected; lspci gives correct information about the card, and /dev/v4l/video0 and vbi0 exist. The problem is that /dev/dvb/ is not getting created.

I believe your problem is simply due to the fact that cx88-dvb isn't loading automatically... try:

modprobe cx88-dvb

...then what happens?

While I'm not a linux newbie, I am very green when it comes to manually configuring hardware drivers and the like. I've tried to follow Chris Pascoe's instructions here ( http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~chrisp/Linux-DVB/DVICO/ <http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/%7Echrisp/Linux-DVB/DVICO/> ), but to be honest I'm a bit overwhelmed.
[snip .config]
After building my kernel, I extracted this tar ( http://linuxtv.org/hg/~pascoe/v4l-dvb?ca=cec41e698b97;type=bz2 <http://linuxtv.org/hg/%7Epascoe/v4l-dvb?ca=cec41e698b97;type=bz2> ) from Pascoe's site and, as advised, followed the instructions on this page ( http://www.linuxtv.org/repo/#build ). The make section seems to work correctly, but I get several errors during the make install section. The last one is: install: cannot stat 'dvb-firesat.ko' : No such file or directory
make: [dvb-install] Error 1 (ignored)
/sbin/depmod -a 2.6.16-gentoo-r9
^^^ This indicates that you are using an extremely old repository. Instead, try building from the latest mercurial snapshot, as described in the linuxtv.org link above.

HTH,

Michael Krufky