Re: About HDTV cards!!!

Kevin Taylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found your posting regarding linux drivers for the MDP-130.  Do you
> know if I can get the drivers for the 130, daughter card, and remote?  I
> have been going crazy trying to find them.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>

> This is the posting:
>
> Bruno Jefferson wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> As I said in the linuxtv list, I  need a card that decodes HDTV video
>> via hardware because we are mounting set-top-boxes in my laboratoty
>> with not much power of processing (400 MHz). In addition,they should
>> have linuxtv support.
>>
>> I was taking a look in the MyHD MDP-1XX card and realized that they
>> have all I need, however, I don't know if the Mike's drivers function
>> properly with those cards.
>>
>> Does any of those cards (MDP-100, MDP-120 or MDP-130) have a
>> completely linux support through Mike's drivers and work perfectly?
>>
>> Thanks for your attention,
>> Bruno Jefferson
>>

> Hi,
>
> None of the cards work.  At the time Mike B. was still working on it, as
>
> Mac Michaels mentioned, they couldn't get any info on the Nxt200x
> demodulator.
>
> The good news is, since the time Mike had to personally put development
> on hold, a driver for the Nxt200x demodulators has been produced (by
> Jacob Taylor IIRC).
>
> The bad news is, Mike won't be returning until late this fall, and only
> he knows if he'll resume development...of course, someone else could
> resume the project in the meantime, and that certainly was what Mike B.
> had been hoping for before he left.  Mac, having previously helped with
> the project, would have a better understanding of what is left to do.
>
> -- Cheers, CK

Hi Kevin,

sorry to disappoint, but there doesn't appear to have been much progress
on the MyHD front. You can find relevant info here:
http://myhd.sourceforge.net/index.php. I haven't seen Mike post on
AVSforums for a while, so I suspect that he is busy, and hence the lack
of activity.

-- Cheers, CK