Re: Re: DViCO Dual : USB zl10353 tuner registers,

gma wrote:
After doing some testing i can confirm that the USB portion of the newer dual card registers a frontend, can lock onto a station using tzap, but does not stream anything through to dvr0.

Also the newer zl10353 pci part has trouble tuning stations where as in WinXP it does not. The stations that I have managed to tune into through the pci zl10353 tuner show a signal strength of 0%. That's 0% as in nothing, nada, zip ;)

I hope someone with one of these newer dual cards can prove me wrong :)
Hmm... It's difficult to troubleshoot this type of thing without having the device in front of me... As it stands right now, the problem with the tuning seems like it could be an issue relating to the tuner pll programming... The driver is using the definition for the Thomson DTT 7579. When Chris Pascoe worked on the original version of this device (mt352-based) he explained that the tuner was labeled, "dee1601" , and that it seemed to be identical to the dtt7579. Perhaps your device uses a different tuner? Could you please check on this... I would need to know about any writing on the "tin can" -- you might even have to peel off the sticker in order to find the right information. I would assume that the tuner on the PCI device would be the same one as on the USB device, but please confirm this. I have a feeling that the dtt7579 programming might be close, but not quite exactly what is needed in order to fully support the tuner in your device. (please keep in mind that I am only guessing, here)

Also, about the issue where you are able to get a lock on the usb part, but receive no data on the DVR device..... I have had some similar issues myself when originally working on the bluebird (cxusb) driver. Could you please post the output of "lsusb -v" ?

Also, please confirm that you are using the bluebird firmware as posted on linuxtv.org:

http://linuxtv.org/download/firmware/dvb-usb-bluebird-01.fw

Cheers,

Michael Krufky