DIB7000

Hi all,

a couple of weeks ago I bought myself a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T USB DVB-T
receiver - assuming that it had a driver for Linux.

Then I found out that the same name meant a former model - now this new model
seems to be based on the DIB7000 IC (according to what the Windows driver
says and conforming with this mailing list article:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-May/010407.html).

I'm tempted to simply send the receiver back to where I bought it from and get
a different one.... but that would be too easy ;-) I've been a Linux user for
almost 10 years, not having been involved in driver development so far.

But if I could be of any help on this one I'd like to support any development
of a driver for this receiver as I can.

So does anyone have any idea or need help!?

So far I have asked Hauppauge for a Linux driver and they say they won't have
one and they also won't supply the firmware.

I tried to install it in Windoze XP and even there I only got close to getting
it to work... (had a black screen instead of a TV picture)  but I got some
more hints from Hauppauge that I haven't tested yet.

Anyone!?

Regards,
Christine