Re: Errors compiling from hg snapshot

Trent Piepho wrote:

IMHO, Makefiles that accurately represet the real dependencies and build process
work better.
[snip]

It's nice for developers to be able to build all modules, to test changes,
without having to create a custom kernel with support for everything.  It
would be nice if this was still possible.
Trent, you are preaching to the choir.

I haven't had so much luck with my changes to the build system getting merged.
(hint, hint)
You are sending your patches to the wrong place. Mauro is the video4linux maintainer, and I don't think he reads the linux-dvb mailing list, at least not often enough to see your patches. You should cc the video4linux mailing list and/or Mauro if you want your patches to the hg repository build system to get applied. (keep sending them to linux-dvb, just dont forget to cc the others).

Good Luck,

Mike