Re: Should DVB depend on I2C?

Daniel Drake wrote:
Attila Stehr in a Gentoo bug report pointed out that the DVB frontends
do not link without CONFIG_I2C, and there is no dependency listed in the
Kconfig files.

e.g.:
drivers/built-in.o: In function `stv0299_readregs':
stv0299.c:(.text+0xa4d8a): undefined reference to `i2c_transfer'

I checked and I see this is the case for other DVB components too, such
as the dvb-usb drivers.

I'm happy to patch this, but I'm not sure which approach should be best.
Should I make CONFIG_DVB or CONFIG_DVB_CORE depend on I2C, or should I
modify the config blocks for all of the individual options which use I2C stuff?
Good catch, but already fixed for 2.6.17

Thanks for playing, we'll see you again next time.

--
Michael Krufky