Re: 3.3 Volts DVB PCI supported cards

Hi,

On Mon, 22 May 2006, Thomas Kernen wrote:
Richard Reuters wrote:
I've been digging up the archives in order to find some 3.3 Volts PCI
cards that are supported via linux-dvb as this is a requirement for
PCI-X slots.

I'm looking for DVB-S, DVB-S2 and DVB-T cards that have been tested with
3.3 Volts and if possible can support a CI interface.

Any suggestions about such cards, or maybe even better, if this could
become a required information field on the linuxtv.org DVB Wiki for the
"supported hardware"

I second this request. Did you had any success in finding a PCI-X compatible card? I have a 24/7 running server with PCI-X only slots and want to get rid of my dedicated VDR machine.

Very limited feedback from various sources, including card manufactures.

Known to work in PCI-X slots:

- Hauuppauge Nova-S Plus
- Hauppauge Nova-T
- WinFast DVB-1000T

I don't have revision details for the cards and have been unable to test this first hand (yet).

Have a look at the list of cards with Mac drivers on my site here:
<http://www.defyne.org/dvb/driver.html>

The cards that _don't_ work in PCI-X slots are noted with a 'Not for G5s' tag. G5 Macs were some of the first to come with only PCI-X slots, and that was a while ago so pretty much all of the cards listed there have been verified to work.

The hardware in the list is a bit old however as I haven't had much time for that project recently.

Thomas

{P^/
John