Re: Added support for the LifeViewFlyDVB-T LR301 card? - success

Hi

Necik wrote:
Hi,

thanks for help, finally I managed to get it working.

This was my procedure:

- download LinuxTV sources from http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb?ca=-1;type=bz2
(version downloaded from web interface didn't compile)

- compile sources from linuxtv.org (make all; make install)

- I had to recompile my kernel (2.6.16.16) with all the options connected to
video4linux switched off, because there were many errors when modprobing the
LinuxTV modules

This is only necessary if your kernel has the video stuff not compiled as
modules. In most cases the cause for the problem is that some old modules
were still loaded.

- two new lines appeared in my dmesg:
saa7134[0]: subsystem: 5168:0301, board: LifeView FlyDVB-T / Genius
VideoWonder DVB-T [card=86,autodetected]
DVB: registering new adapter (saa7134[0]).
DVB: registering frontend 0 (Philips TDA10046H DVB-T)...

That's right.

- finally I had to create /dev/dvb/adapter0/* manually, it didn't create
automatically. Is there any other way to do it than create these links every
time you boot in start-up scripts?

Hm, once created with mknod, the devices should persist. I am not familiar with
this yet but as far as i understood, a udev rule should be responsible for this
in future.

- scan and xine works fine now, it works even better than on w2k (I have
slow comp - Celeron 433 - and on windows the tv is quite snatchy, on Linux
it is nice)

I have one more question. Is it possible to copy LinuxTV sources to linux
kernel source tree and compile it directly to kernel?

Again not sure. It might be necessary to correct some include statements. But
i would not do that, it doesn't give you advantages.

Best regards
   Hartmut