Re: PCMCIA CAM/CI inserted into computer's PCMCIA slot

An alternative solution would be using the original SmartCard (the one that is inserted into CAM) in a smart card reader in a notebook and then do whatever CAM does but in PC software. However, I think that the PCMCIA CAM route is cleaner.

This alternative solution is called a SoftCAM and is more practical.

Ok, I'm listening. I suppose that there are different libraries for different CA Smart Cards. Where can I find such SoftCam software? Please note I'm not looking for encryption/key cracking software. I'm looking for software that allows me to use legal card in a notebook.

Mikael