Re: PCMCIA CAM/CI inserted into computer's PCMCIA slot

Hi !

There is already SoftCAMs available for WinXP and there is one that
works with VDR, but I'm looking for a more generic one that can be
used with dvbstream and/or mplayer.

I'm sure that we will se such software in the near future.

Best regards,

-- Peter Fassberg

On Fri, 19 May 2006, Mikael Hakman wrote:

> There is nothing special about MPEG-2 Transport Stream ? it consists of
> 8-bit data bytes as all other data in computers we know. Actually TS output
> from CAM uses high order data byte on the data bus but is has to be clocked
> in based on another pin which should be possible by programming at
> sufficiently low level. The problem may be with TS input to CAM which uses
> pins that normally are part of address bus.
>
> Mikael

--  Peter Fässberg                  E-mail: pf@xxxxxxxxxxx
    Leissner Data AB
    Box 912