Re: Dual DVB-T card from Hauppauge

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Is there any progress about Hauppauges Dual DVB-T card (I think its
> called Nova-T500)?
>
> Can it already be bought? Is there Linux support available?

Afaik, the card consists of

 DiBcom 0700 USB bridge + 2 DiBcom 3000P and 2 Microtune MT2060 .

2 things are missing:

- support for the DiBcom 0700 firmware-interface and
- a generic architecture for handling a host-controller-bridge which can
  receive multiple streams at the same time (inside dvb-usb).

All of that is done. For the multiple-stream-architecture I have a patch
pending which needs to be cleaned up and adapted to latest hg.

The situation of the DiB0700-firmware is not clear. There was no decision
on this topic yet.

I think it should be released before someone is going to reverse-engineer
it.

I will try my best,
Patrick.

--