Re: "2033 Mantis" Twinhan Cab-CI?

bbee wrote:
Hi,

OK, thanks, I'll have a go at the Cab-CI; even if H.264 grabbing fails, I can still use the SDTV MPEG2 feeds as a second mythtv source.

However, I just noticed that my vendor wants to sell me a new version of the Cab-CI, a "2033 Mantis", on the Twinhan site here:
http://www.twinhan.com/product_cable_2033.asp

The board looks differently laid out, and the Windows driver package offered on the site is a different one from the old Cab-CI. I'm no expert, but this smells like a chipset change.. The only difference in the specifications on the website is that the Tuner's "Input terminal" changed from "Din-type" on the old Cab-CI to "F-type" on the 2033 version. But the driver download is larger by 10Mb!

Does anyone have any indication if this new version will work? Has anyone tested this new card under Linux? With CAM?
Or should I go hunting for a shop that still has the old version?

The hardware is not supported right now, but status is bound to change soon.. :-)