Re: Problem with 'Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T usb2 - no frontend

I don't know the ettiquette of replying to my own posts, but here we go :-)

> dvb-usb: MAC address: 00:0d:fe:13:13:13

This is strange. 13 13 13 is not the expected value / on the contrary, you
should get the MAC address as written on label of your box.

I hadn't noticed that!  I saw that it was displaying an address, it didn't occur to me to check that it was the same as on the box.

I've now managed to build another Linux box and tried the Nova-T-USB2 on that.  I got exactly the same results, but with a different MAC address.  This MAC address also wasn't the one displayed on the card.

All of the relevant modules loaded OK, but I still got the problem of "No frontend was attached".

I'm suspecting that Hauppauge have changed something in the internals of the box, but I don't know enough about it to know what!

I've also noticed that the CD-ROM doesn't contain the hcwusdtl.sys file referred to at http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/index.php?site=dvb-usb-firmware

If anyone can give me any ideas how to proceed with this I'd be extremely grateful!

Thanks
Steve