Re: Re: AverMedia AVerTv Hybrid +FM CardBus drivers

I don't know if this is good or bad news. As known AverMedia already has
linux drivers for that card except that they're outdated. If they
released the source for this driver we certainly had it easier. I don't
think the code won't work with more recent kernels and encouraging lkml
to include support for this card is certainly not useful for people who
use linux distributions like ubuntu or fedora core.

The way to release a component for kernels like ATI does is more sane.
However in the long run people simply won't buy such a card and give it
back. No win for AverMedia either.

So you mailed sales@xxxxxxxxxxx ? Have you let them know about their
already existing driver to adapt it?

Regards,