Re: No "install" target in v4l/Makefile

C.Y.M wrote:
The reason why I'm asking is because I would like to remove
determining where the DVB driver header files are from VDR's
Makefile. The header files should be at their standard location,
which is /usr/include/linux/dvb. However, it doesn't look like
the v4l Makefile would copy them there. Could this please be
fixed, so that I could simply write in the VDR documentation
"Install the DVB driver as usual, i.e. 'make; make install'"?

Klaus,

   If the v4l-dvb Makefile overwrote files in /usr/include, it would break the
way alot of package managers maintain what files are on your system. It would be
overwriting files which are owned by something else.  I think the best solution
would be to have the user add the location of the experimental dvb headers to
Make.config in VDR. For example:

DVBDIR   = /usr/src/v4l-dvb/linux

So it's fair to assume that on a "normally" installed system
the DVB driver include files are in /usr/include/linux/dvb,
and if the user installs any other driver version (that doesn't
come with the distribution) he'll need to tell VDR so in make.config?
Sounds reasonable.

Klaus