Re: Overflows with TechnoTrend DVB-C Budget card

Tomi Orava wrote:

Hi,

I've had some data stream continuity problems with my two
TechnoTrend DVB-C (SAA7146) cards. After enabling a couple
of kernel driver debug options (dvb_core, debug=1) I noticed
that if I run dvbstream -o 8192 >/dev/null I get the following
error's time after time:

Apr  7 12:45:04 valen kernel: function : dvb_dvr_poll
Apr  7 12:45:04 valen last message repeated 5438 times
Apr  7 12:45:04 valen kernel: dmxdev: buffer overflow
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Apr  7 12:45:04 valen kernel: function : dvb_dvr_poll
Apr  7 12:45:05 valen last message repeated 15797 times

I tried that and got the same messages. For me if the debug is on,
processor load goes to 100% and I think that's why there are overflows.
That is probably because there is lots of those dvb_dvr_poll messages going to the log. You can see the load using 'top'.

I have TT Budget C1500.

The driver doesn't emit the overflow message when running
the current version of MythTV 0.19, but on the other hand,
all the recorded streams seem to have errors in them:

[mpeg2video @ 0x30fa14c]00 motion_type at 4 15
[mpeg2video @ 0x30fa14c]00 motion_type at 0 16
[mpeg2video @ 0x30fa14c]00 motion_type at 0 17
[mpeg2video @ 0x30fa14c]mb incr damaged
[mpeg2video @ 0x30fa14c]ac-tex damaged at 24 19
[mpeg2video @ 0x30fa14c]00 motion_type at 4 20
[mpeg2video @ 0x30fa14c]invalid mb type in B Frame at 26 21
[mpeg2video @ 0x30fa14c]invalid cbp at 0 22
[mpeg2video @ 0x30fa14c]invalid cbp at 1 24
[mpeg2video @ 0x30fa14c]00 motion_type at 5 25

I don't know about these. But if the picture looks good and these errors are not continuous, I wouldn't worry. Is the picture jerky? In my system vertical scrolling texts (stock prices etc.) are little jerky. Is that normal? And I don't mean the deinterlace artifacts.