Re: Rationalisation of /dev/adapterX/caY devices

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
Basically this slot thing models the hardware, which is just one
CI controller, el cheapo extended to support two slots.

On cards with multiple controllers/one controller with multiple devices, except for the case where it is daisy chained (some budget cards use this el cheapo method), when we have multiple slots, we can route the TS between slots (specific hardware). This is in fact multiple devices on one board/chip

In such a case it would be nice if we can address the slots directly (we will be able to do many interesting things, like a router), since the slots are not directly linked (daisy chained). I mean this will enable us to leave options open.

Manu