Re: More on the cx24123

I just found, downloaded and installed a small app, xdpio, that will issue DiSEqC positioning commands, either by command or from a simple X gui. It requires Xforms to compile. This works quite well, and I am able to get it to move the dish.

I have been using kaffeine as a dvb app, it however doesn't know how to do disk positioning commands, it just is able to switch amoung up to 4 lnb's. It does have a channel scanning capability, and I am getting some very good signal quality levels on some channels, 96-98%, with 99% S/N. However, none of these channels will "lock", so I am still not able to view them.

I applied the latest patch from Yeasah Pell that he sent today, on top of kernel 2.6.17-rc1.

I KNOW I am very close to getting a watchable picture, excitement building, but I'm not quite there yet.

Finding channels.conf data for North American Satellites has been difficult, here is one I made by hand for AMC3 using data from LyngSat. Some channels were listed without sr or fec data. Hope it saves someone some time.

# AMC 3 @ 87.0W
# freq pol sr fec

S 11716000 H 02449000 7/8
S 11719000 H 02446000 7/8
S 11723000 H 03675000 2/3
S 11726000 V 00000000
S 11736000 V 06104000 1/2
S 11760000 H 00000000
S 11820000 V 08460000 3/4
S 11860000 V 00000000
S 11880000 H 00000000
S 11900000 V 00000000
S 11940000 V 00000000
S 11957000 H 21000000 3/4
S 11984000 V 19510000 3/4
S 12000000 H 00000000
S 12020000 V 00000000
S 12040000 H 30000000 7/8
S 12048000 V 07230000 3/4
S 12056000 V 03979000 3/4
S 12072000 H 14630000 3/4
S 12096000 V 19510000 3/4
S 12110000 H 14025000 3/4
S 12128000 H 14025000 3/4
S 12140000 V 02222000
S 12151000 H 03250000 3/4
S 12153000 V 06111000
S 12161000 H 04880000 3/4
S 12164000 H 04340000 3/4
S 12169000 H 04880000 3/4
S 12180000 V 29270000 3/4

Todd wrote:
I am fairly certain it does with the patch he attached to the email you responded to. Yeasah Pell stated:
The only other thing I would note is that in order to get my positioner to accept disqec commands reliably I had to increase the delay between the tone shutoff/voltage change and the diseqc command

...I would guess it works even better than he stated since he has patched it further since this quote. Did you apply the patch? Did you on the debug messages as he suggested? What are you seeing? The DiSEqC commands now work flawlessly on my messy cascaded switches.

Good luck,
Todd

----- Original Message ----- From: "Garnet MacPhee" <garnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>