Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 10:27 AM
Subject: Re:  multiple frontends question

Le Vendredi 07 Avril 2006 10:03, Evangelos Stergiou a écrit :
Hello.
I have a DVB-S card and I want to have 2 instances of xine or mplayer
locked to 2 different PIDs (1 instance for 1 PID)
in order to mix the output to the same audio card. The problem is that 2
instances of a player cannot use DVB input (DVB plugin
will not allow this). How can I do this?

You can't.

I suspect that I need to use
multiple frontends to my DVB card. But, is this possible?

No, it's not possible. This is how it works:
1) the app opens frontend0 and set tuning params.
2) the app tells demux0 which pids to filter from the current mplex.
3) the (reconstructed TS) can now be read from dvr0.
4) you can then filter the TS to send pid_x to fifo_x and pid_y to fifo_y

google for "dvbstream", it may help you.

--
Christophe Thommeret