Re: Remote for the DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital card

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the quick response!

I sent this directly to you, but your mail server rejected my IP due to
someone in my ISPs range spamming.

Neil McBride wrote:

> Hi Trevor,
>
> I went through this yesterday with my FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus with USB
> remote.  From what I found, the patches for the remote are quite old and
> are no longer needed with the most recent versions of lirc.  When
> compiling lirc, I used the flag '--with-driver=dvico' and then simply used
> /dev/usb/hiddev0 as the device once it was plugged in.  I did have a
> kernel compile issue but that was related to the gentoo distro and you
> should be set up fine with ubuntu.

The difference with the remote on the Dual card is that it plugs into
the card itself, not into a USB port. That is, it isn't a usb remote.

The driver that I am using with lirc is "dev/input".

> The only other problem I had was getting irrecord to pick up everything
> properly, but in the end I downloaded the most recent source file from
> lirc and used their dvico lircd.conf file (which I've attached to save you
> the trouble).  There's actually three entries in it for different remotes
> but one of them at least worked fine.

Mine looks most like the last one.

> Oh yeah, your repeating key problem is to do with the way your lircrc
> file(s) are set up.  There's a repeat keyword that most people set to 3
> for each button entry to deal with that.

Ok, I'll try that tonight, thanks.

Thanks for your help!

Trev

--