Re: Disassembling the EIT

> From: "Felix Domke" <tmbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Original Network ID (=ONID), ServiceID (=SID) should uniquely identify a
> > service. (In reality, it's not so easy, but let us assume it's true).
> >
> > every ONID:SID (i.e.: "service", or "service definition") has an
> > associated TSID, i.e. the TSID where this service can be found. There
> > are no two ONID:SID combinations with different TSIDs.
>
> I think the above is wrong. From ETSI EN 300 468 V1.7.1:
>
> | The combination of original_network_id and transport_stream_id allow
> | each TS to be uniquely identified throughout the ETS application area.
>
> | service_id: This is a 16-bit field which uniquely identifies a
> | service within a TS.
>
> So it is actually the triple ONID:TSID:SID which uniquely identifies a
> service, not just the ONID:SID pair as you wrote.

For Canal Digital and Viasat (DVB-S) here in the Nordics and Teracom/Boxer
DVB-T network in Sweden ONID:SID is uniq.

Actually ONID:PID is also uniq (except the "system" (lowest) PID's).

But ofcourse you must use the triple as stated in the ETSI recommendation
when implementing the EIT disassembling.

--  Peter Fassberg                  E-mail: pf@xxxxxxxxxxx
    Leissner Data AB
    Box 912
    SE-46129 TROLLHATTAN