Re: Re: videodev.ko not installed when using v4l-dvb (HG) and conflicting symbols

Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
Hi Michael!

I had a (longer) look at the Makefile in v4l-dvb/v4l.

When called from KBuild (when compiling the modules) the include order is correct. But not when doing make install. But this does not matter as there is not constructed a list built which modules to install but rather all available *.ko files are installed.

The Makefile in general could be cleaned up a bit - but only if there is someone who wants to do the work - compilation and installation works at the moment.

Don't bother trying to clean up the Makefile -- We are soon going to be doing away with most of its contents, using the kernel Kconfig / Makefile build system instead. This way we will have a single Makefile to update when adding new drivers. A local makefile will still be left around to handle the build for the experimental modules in the mercurial tree, such as cx88-ivtv and ivtv itself.

You can expect to see this change hit v4l-dvb master most likely towards the end of next week, time permitting.

Cheers,

Mike