Re: Compro VideoMate DVB-T 3000 - More data

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

I think the cause for your different observation lies in the module load
order / configuration. Please check:

OK, I must admit to being pretty confused about the way 2.6.x loads modules. The saa7134 is being loaded, and pretty early in the boot sequence, automatically. But I don't know what causes it. Shortly after the serial ports get set up, the IP/TCP stuff is setup, then ACPI, and then saa7134 get loaded.

- Does your configuration set the card type manually (card=70 insmod option)?

No, and I couldn't work out how to make this happen. I tried creating a file called saa7134 in modprobe.d with only the line "options saa7134 card=70,70"; this works when the module is loaded by modprobe, but not when it is loaded automatically at kernel startup. I tried putting saa7134 card=70,70 into /etc/modules but this doesn't affect anything (perhaps the module is being loaded already before /etc/modules time).

- Does your configuration load the tuner manually?

I don't think so. Which module do you mean by the tuner?

There is the old problem that the tuner module MUST find the tuner during
its initialization, but its not visible until the driver switches the
bridge transparent. This makes the module load order important.
If you have some instruction that loads the tuner module, please remove it,
the saa7134 module will request it.

Best regards
   Hartmut