Compro VideoMate DVB-T 3000 - More data

Hi,

I just noticed on the mailing list archives people having the same probing problems I'm having, I thought I'd supply some more data points. I have two identical (as far as I know) Compro VideoMate 3000s. I use them in both analog and digital mode in MythTV.

1) They worked fine in 2.6.14, using v4l-dvb-20051208.tar.gz, no problems after hard or soft reboots that I ever noticed.

2) In 2.6.16, using the built in modules, they autoprobe correctly on hard reboots.

3) On soft reboots they sometimes still probe correctly. Or sometimes one out of two does.

4) After a hard reboot and a correct autoprobe, although they appear to be functioning correctly, analog TV tuning does not work. In both xawtv and mythtv, the symptoms are a black and white static accompanied by static noise, exactly as if the aerial was unplugged.

5) After unloading the module with rmmod (and also saa7134-dvb and saa7134-oss) and reloading by hand with modprobe, both analog and digital work fine.

I hope these data points are somehow useful to you. To me they are plain confusing :-)

Jules