Re: missing compat.h for dvbdev.h

Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
Hi!

I just saw you commited that include of compat.h in:
http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dvb-kernel/linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvbdev.h?rev=1.27&view=log

My Haupauge Nova-S doesn't work with my kernel (2.6.13), so I tried to backport CVS Head for my kernel version, but it's missing compat.h. Have you forgotten to commit.h or is it supposed to be provided by the common kernel headers?

CU
Christian
Christian-

The CVS repository has not been updated in many, many months. We have moved all of our development to mercurial.

The compat.h is located in dvb-kernel/build-2.6 , but I highly recommend that you do NOT use this old cvs repository. We simply cannot support it any longer since all development, including new features AND bug fixes are applied towards the v4l-dvb mercurial tree instead.

Please follow the instructions located at:

http://linuxtv.org/repo

Backwards compatability should work for you in either tree, but CVS isn't worth my time in troubleshooting. If you still have a problem compiling the mercurial tree, please let me know.

If you do in fact need to email me again about this, please cc: the linux-dvb list (subscription required) . Any question that you might want to ask me, someone else out there may also be asking. To ask such questions on the list will result in the discussion being logged, so that future users with the same questions can find their answers using Google.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Michael Krufky