Re: Patch for /Documentation/dvb/bt8xx.txt, Revision 2

I did not rip away anything essential, Mr. Abraham!
Who needs parameters set to zero in a docu? NO ONE DOES! Parameters set to
zero are standard behaviour. That is the reason.
Who needs the info like "get_device_ID"? No one does! Because it does not
help! Parameters unequal to zero help.
Who needs the advice to send in complete logs without being asked for? No
one does! Gerd Knorr wuold beat you dead for that!
Who needs the information that verbose=1 is optimal setting? No one does!
If the card works no parameters are needed at all.
Who needs endless author lists? No one does! One person doing the linguistic
and editorial work, or even two: That´s it!
Who needs endless card IDs if one single card is PROVEN to be the exception?
No one does! One cross reference solves it!
I am used to scientific working methods, I know the difference between a
thesis, an assumption and a proven FACT.

> Documents are written by the developers for users for understanding the
> drivers. Users who feel that documentation is not right may contribute
> back to it, but not rip away all the information from it.
In my experience real capable developers are rather introverted persons, i.
e. very weak in linguistic terms. Now if they attempt to write docus big
mess comes out in most of all cases, not in all cases.
I spent about one complete day to get a sophisticated concept of a very good
docu: compact, small, easily to comprehend.
I strictly followed Edgar´s path to chop out everything not being strictly
necessary.
As I respect your and Edgar´s profound knowledge about the driver I would
ask you personally to respect my capabilities vice versa.
I am NOT keen on any quarrels especially with you personally so this will be
my first answer and my last one.
I expect you to be an excellent maintainer proven by FACTS I can see
through. I expect you to use vocabulary like "regression" in a thoughtful
intelligent way and in the right context.
I am still trying to think positive although especially you personally have
been real upsetting and sucking in the past months.
If you keep on caressing your mercurial tree I cannot and I will not stop
you from doing that. For me it is relevant what is in the main kernel. For
me it is relevant that there are no breakdowns in driver support anymore.
So before you begin to react on my work the way you did I would appreciate
you to use your brain and think it all over.
So instead of reacting in that manner prove to me and others that you are an
excellent programmer and an excellent maintainer.
If that is too much for you get yourself substituted by another person.

Kind regards
Uwe Bugla

--
Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer